Sooooo…I’m new. Obviously. *waves*
My name is Catherine it’s actually a common one, and I think possibly a quarter of people that I know have it as a name (it’s okay since I don’t mind sharing.) … so most people just call me Kitty..I’m 24 and I’m from the cloudy land of England…
I love reading/music/dance/film/tv/food/art/photography/travel (among other more boring things) — in no particular order — and there really isn’t nearly enough time in a given day to treat myself to all the things I adore… I’m currently studying linguistic sciences at uni and work part-time so my life isn’t completely boring…
I’m looking forward to work on the site.. I still can’t believe Sharie asked me to but I’m happy to be in a place with similar insanity… I’m so stoked to be joining you all.. It’s such a fun way to talk my favourite man of the moment: Paul!
I really suck in describing myself so I had the idea of just making a list of a few random things about me..
here we go…
1. I feel short compared to most people
2. My middle name is Felicity
3. I hate my name!!
4. When I was young I worried that I would still be playing with my Barbie dolls when I was an adult, and it would make me an outcast
5. My favourite ice cream is Strawberry Cheesecake by Ben & Jerry’s
6. I once owned a She-Ra Crystal Castle, which was exactly the same plastic castle as He-Man’s Castle Grayskull.. only spray painted pink.
7. I love being in love
8. I don’t believe at love at first sight
9. I swear too much
10. I really really hate being sick
11. I don’t have a ‘type’
12. I love rain. I never carry an umbrella/hat/raincoat…I always “want” to get wet in the rain.
13. Every morning I regret that I went to bed so late
14. I tell my dog everything and she listens…I don’t think it’s a coincidence that “dog” spells “god” backwards, because dogs are the only creatures on this EARTH that love you more than they love themselves!
15. My Computer is called Jiggly-puff.
16. I don’t like shopping and I’m so not romantic! I don’t think that roses, heart shapes and red stuff are romantic. Be romantic in your own way! I hate common things!!!
17. I read a lot of books..
18. I can’t live without music!!I sing and dance to music on the stereo when I’m alone.
19. I learned to play the piano as a kid but hated taking lessons.
20. Under my tough and cynical exterior, I’m a sentimental softie, (shhh, don’t tell.)
21. I don’t drink coffee, but a can of Pepsi/Coke will keep me wired for hours
22. I change the TV channel when there’s commercial coming up but then I forget to switch back!!
23.I yell and swear at the objects I just hit myself at
24. It’s not easy to gain my trust, and it’s easy to lose it. Getting it back is near impossible.
25. I don’t like people who take themselves too seriously.
26. I see the world in many shades of grey. People who only see it in black and white make me want to smack them.
27. I would drive an hour and more to spend time with a friend.
28. I have a terrible sense of direction.
29. I hold up my hands to tell my left from right.
30. Stupid people drive me crazy.
31. I am not a morning person.
32. I don’t always feel like a grown-up.
33. I have two brothers, both younger.
34. As a child, I walked, talked, laughed, and cried in my sleep, but I don’t now. At least not often. LOL
35. There is always music playing in the car when I’m driving.
36. Celebrities I have crushes on are Paul Wesley (surprise).. and Gerard Butler
37. People who make me laugh fascinate me. Especially when its a sarcastic or caustic remark that does it
38. I can’t sing, but I still love to anyway.
39. My favourite colour is green, which is boring because almost everyone elses is too
40. I have a weakness for microwaved popcorn
41. I like music with sad lyrics. This does not make me permanently depressive, however
42. I don’t know if I will ever have children
43. I am no good at gardening, I tend to kill all plants
44. I don’t really like chocolate or sweets in general
45. My favourite tv shows include The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Moonlight,Sex and the City and the Simpson’s
46. I hate Big Brother (and variations thereof)
47. I hate noise waking me up.
48. I’d want to date Kate Winslet – she looks like she knows how to have a good laugh.
49. good food and a lot of laughs = the perfect night out (or in, depending)
50. I am not in the least bit interested in David Beckham. I think this may make me a freak.
51. When brushing my teeth, I use very hot water. It seems cleaner.
52. I still love all my exes. When I’m in a relationship with someone, at some point a kind of suturing happens, where I think, I will always love this person, no matter what happens between us. It’s not a let’s-get-back-together kind of love, more like an overall benevolence.
53. I hope there is intelligent life on other planets, and if that’s the case, I would love to meet intelligent alien species in my lifetime.
54. I’d also like to travel to other planets.
55.I’m a very good girl…but not *all* the time
It’s no mystery that, like many girls, I love Paul Wesley, but you may not know why. You may get the general vibe that there’s something about this guy that sets girls’ hearts racing but you may be dumbfounded why even the smartest girls you know–those who might rather die than be called a ‘fan-girl’– like me (LOL), also seem to love this actor so very, very much…
There are a few reasons why.
Well, maybe a baker’s dozen or so.
I’ll keep it to 15.
Before we begin, it is important to note one thing about smart girls and Paul Wesley. They know the difference between Paul Wesley, the actor, and Stefan Salvatore, his character in The Vampire Diaries.
Ok, with that caveat out of the way, let’s begin:
1. The first reason why is obvious. Smart girls aren’t dumb when it comes to embracing tall, good looks; they just want to be sure there is something more behind what they see. In Paul’s case, there is…
2. His strong jaw line… His Sexy bedroom eyes…His cute smile and he always looks hot whether he is freshly shaven or has sexy stubble…. One word= Yummy!!
3. He seems like a normal dude, someone you can have a nice chat with…He doesn’t come off like one of those Hollywood player types, which is probably why so many women are crushing on him…
4. He always has that brooding look… It’s like he’s in pain but deep in thought at the same time…It’s kind of amazing.
5. His hair… Whether it’s short, long, unruly, or perfectly styled, he has FANTASTIC hair!!
6.He is so awkward and seemingly shy during all of his interviews that you just want to sit him down, give him a hug and say, “It’s going to be alright. The camera won’t eat you.” That awkwardness/goofiness makes him so endearing. It’s part of his charm.
7. He’s humble!! He can laugh at himself. He doesn’t think of himself as a “Sex Symbol” even though he is and more..;)
8. Smart girls love talent. If a man can make them forget their troubles for awhile, or even better, enlighten them or carry them to a new place through a story, then he has their attention, admiration, and in some cases, a growing devotion…
9.Humility scores big. It doesn’t take an above-average intelligence to feel all warm and fuzzy when someone who is clearly more talented or better looking than the average person does not seem to know it (or show it, if he does)–and above all, does not take it for granted that you think he is above average in anything. Bravado doesn’t cut it with the typical smart girl. She gets bored with it quicker than it takes the guy who is full of it to even realize he needs to get over himself…
10. He has a great sense of humour. Paul makes people laugh. Watch a You Tube interview of Paul Wesley–almost any one of them. The guy has a sense of humour that just won’t quit, and best of all, it’s self-deprecating. He’s the kind of guy smart girls want to take home to their parents because they have absolutely no doubt in their minds that they will like him. Charm and a sense of humour go hand-in-hand…
11. He listens, and he’s articulate. Watch him in a You Tube interview again. Do you see him listening to the questions carefully? Do you see him thinking about an answer rather than always blurting out the first thing that comes to mind? Do you see him try to give a fresh answer to the same question he’s been asked 1.2 million times already? Smart girls see these traits and appreciate the actor’s efforts to communicate thoughtfully, sincerely, and well…
12. He thinks. Wow– newsflash (he walks; he talks—LOL!). This reason, though,is also evident in his interviews. Paul appears to want to give a thoughtful response to questions asked of him most of the time. His answers themselves sound like they are from a person who thinks about subjects beyond sports scores or fast food. It makes one want to read something that Paul may have written…
13. He’s a kind and generous public person . Anyone who allows fan-girls to take pictures with him endlessly when he is out on his own time and not at a public function cannot be called anything but kind and generous…
14. He’s not perfect. Paul’s got a bit of an edge that keeps him from being totally perfect. He smokes (which might be one reason not to bring him home). He’s himself, which smart girls love. He’s not trying to be someone he’s not to fit into someone else’s image of who he should be. It’s called being genuine, flaws and all. There’s something a little dangerous, a little unpredictable about him, too…
15. The whole Hollywood thing does not overly impress him…You get the feeling Paul Wesley could leave all of this new-found fame and glitz behind him tonight if he found a different means of expression or a line of work that interested him more. Not being tied to chasing fame and fortune is an admirable quality that smart girls–and people of all kinds–find unusual and admirable…
True or not to how he is in real life, this is how I see Paul Wesley…and that’s why I temper my love for this actor. I know it’s fun to get a little short of breath, or a little weak in the knees when a new picture of Paul shows up in front of my eyes yet again, but my feet still remain firmly planted on the ground.
Smart girls are keeping their eyes on their favourite actor, Paul Wesley these days–not only for the enjoyment from what they see, but also to watch with interest for what the talented actor chooses to do next.
What’s that? Not feeling particularly smart, but still love Paul? Join the club! What’s that? You’re a smart girl, you say, and you don’t love Paul? Well, you’re entitled to your educated opinion, of course, but I know a few other smart girls who might ask you for reasons why…
soooo….by now you probably have zoned out so I guess I’ll wrap this up with if you have the urge to know more about me just ask.
Holy moley Batman just ask?
Yes, just ask.
Looking forward to interacting with you all, making post, and working with such amazing girls!